International / Thailand Community

Dear member and visitors,
I am currently trying to remove the unwanted banners appearing on this site, please understand and give me time.
Admin
International / Thailand Community

All about Thailand for tourists, expats and those who are not sure about their status..

No news on influential drug-dealers

Admin
    Admin

No news on influential drug-dealers

Post by Admin on 1st April 2012, 7:56 am

March 31, 2012 1:00 am
    Last Saturday (March 24) an influential Australian newspaper, the Sydney Morning Herald, reported that Australian Federal Police had deliberately allowed the export of more than 10 million Australian dollars (Bt320 million) of the proceeds of narcotics trafficking in order to identify the sources of the drugs.

The report said that as a result of this intelligence-gathering operation, influential government, business, police and military personnel in several Asian countries had been identified as being involved in crime syndicates importing more than $1 billion worth of drugs into Australia annually. Countries named were China, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.

The following day, the Sydney Morning Herald identified Mr Hun To, the nephew of Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen, as one of the Australian Crime Commission's prime suspects in heroin trafficking into Australia.

I might have missed something, but I have not seen any report of these most serious allegations in the Thai media. Is this not of interest here? And more specifically, is there no concern as to whether "government, business, police and military personnel" from Thailand might be involved as suggested by these reports? confused

David Brown

Rayong

Current date/time is 16th August 2018, 1:31 pm